At Sesatha Travel Pty Ltd (Sesatha Travel), we understand that how we collect, use, disclose and protect your information is important to you.
That’s why we’re committed to constantly updating our privacy policies and processes to ensure they are best practice and meet the standards of all relevant local legislation.
Depending on the circumstances, in the course of providing a service to you, Sesatha Travel may collect and hold personal information such as:
- your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, height and weight, next of kin and travel insurance details (where applicable);
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries; and
- we may also ask for medical / health information, such as pre-existing medical conditions, vaccination status, if you have a disability, medication that requires refrigeration, food allergies etc., some of which is considered sensitive information or special category data under relevant data protection laws; and
any additional information relating to you that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly through our travellers’ or agents’ phone enquiry lines, websites, online presence, customer surveys or to our in-store or other representatives.
You may volunteer this information when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, register interest for and/or enter a competition, subscribe to one of our newsletters, use our website(s)/apps, link to or from our website(s)/apps, connect with us via social media, by speaking to a consultant or any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We may also receive the information from a third party, for example:
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf;
- from market research and data companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services
- from partners performing services on our behalf, and
- your insurer, their agents or medical staff may disclose relevant information and sensitive personal information with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained all required consents and are fully authorized to disclose all personal information you provide to us including without limitation personal information of your friends and family members provided in connection with making travel bookings.
When you provide, or otherwise allow us to collect, your personal information, you consent to your personal information being disclosed to third party overseas recipients, as set out below.
In providing our services to you, it may be necessary for us to disclose personal information to relevant overseas entities. For instance, we may need to disclose personal information to overseas recipients (third party overseas recipients), such as relevant overseas travel service providers for the purpose of arranging your booking with them.
Where we disclose your personal information to a third party overseas recipient, your personal information will generally be received in the country in which the recipient will provide the services to you or in which their business is based. Unless otherwise contemplated herein or otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas recipients in connection with facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
By using our products and services, you agree that we will not be required to ensure that third party overseas recipients comply with Australian privacy laws or otherwise be liable or accountable for how the recipient handles your personal information.
It is impractical for us to set out in this Policy all of the different countries to which we may send your personal information. However, if you have any specific questions about where or to whom your personal information will be sent, please contact us in writing using the contact details below.
Sesatha Travel has implemented various physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss and misuse, and from unauthorized access, modification, disclosure and interference. Sesatha Travel regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect your personal information as fully as we protect our own confidential information.
Credit card security
- All online payments are transmitted over a secure socket layer (SSL) connection.
- Credit card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port.
- Sesatha Travel does not store your credit card number in any of our systems, it is used only within the context of the transaction then destroyed upon receipt from an acquiring bank.
- All credit card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction’s acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for example, the bank that issued the MasterCard, or VISA credit card).
- Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
We may from time to time use your personal information to identify new or existing products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may communicate this via email, phone or your postal address. If you no longer wish to receive these updates via email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the message. You can contact us using the contact details below to opt-out of receiving phone and postal updates. You can opt-in in future if you wish to receive these updates again.
We comply with the Spam Act 2003 and do not share, sell or rent information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint.. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
You can contact us by:
- calling us on 1300 537 555·
- emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to Data Protection, Sesatha Travel Pty LTD, 1/1404 Logan Road,
Upper Mt Gravatt, Qld 4122.
Our Privacy Officer will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your query or complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.